Monday, December 7, 2009

Walhello

I don't know how old this search engine is but I am always on the lookout for new search engines.

Their advanced search allows you to select proximity in characters between keywords; select whether keywords must be in the right sequence [I prefer straightforward exact phrase but this is an alternative]; whether page must include pictures or not; search for pages written in a given language; and search for pages in certain domains [both of which Google and other engines do]. But overall, it is a nice alternative.

Oh how I miss the old Dogpile meta-search that gave several categories of result with the number of hits per category displayed to give the skilled searcher (like me) an idea of the weights of each area of results. Walhello is not that but it is worth checking out.

Walhello --

http://www.walhello.com/advanced.html

No comments:

Post a Comment