Friday, December 4, 2009

Google search for venture capital, part 3

I got a response from an email I sent to an American venture capital firm. If I abruptly drop this blog, then you'll know I went on to bigger and better (meaning more lucrative) things. Not to worry though, I have a lifetime of disappointments to prevent me from having high expectations.

No luck yet finding any Israeli venture capital firms online. Due to lack of venture or any other capital on its home turf Israeli companies in the 70s turned to Wall Street to fuel their expansion. The first generation of venture capital funds began to operate in the late 1980s and this movement accelerated in 1990s. Local and international "money men" were noticing that Israel had become second only to the United States with its number of start-up companies.

I now have names of Israeli venture capital firms but no contact information or information about the specialties of each firm. VC's tend to specialize in different industries.

No comments:

Post a Comment