Thursday, November 5, 2009

Technorati

I'm not enough of a techie to review this site.

My initial interest was the gimmick of getting a little gizmo but I don't really like being stalked on the web. LiveJournal has something similar but no one reads my LiveJournal so I was carrying that baggage. [Consider that a review of LiveJournal]

http://www.livejournal.com/

If I want an avatar, I can go to SecondLife but I don't know if I want to ignore real people a few inches away from me in order to have an affair with a virtual person and risk divorce in real life. The real utility of SecondLife is virtual conferencing and there are other VR (virtual reality) and holographic/3D telephony sites.

I'll give Second Life the real review it deserves in a future article. So ignore any criticisms in this articles until I've had a second look at SecondLife (I have to work in puns, I have a quota to meet).

As for Technorati, if you are a techie go here --
http://technorati.com/

I generally avoid sites that require me to download anything. I spend half my times getting spyware, worms, virues, Trojans, adware, and such out of my computer. Google says everything is supposed to be in the cloud. You know, that vaporware Microsoft sells.

No comments:

Post a Comment