Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gather

I first heard about Gather on National Public Radio. I eventually signed up.

You can find people who share your interests here. Getting them to talk is another matter. This is probably true of any site. They ("they" meaning everybody who is not you) say that in most chatrooms, SecondLife worlds, forums, discussion boards and et cetera that the vast majority lurk. It stands to reason since in real life only one can talk at a time (excepting the political rhetoric shows where EVERYONE SCREAMS AT ONCE!

Sorry. Didn't mean to yell.

Anyway, Gather is visually nice-looking as are most social networks (except MySpace because kids lack taste). You know I'm easing up to it. Gather has been a waste of time for me but I'll keep my accocunt in case the one nibble I got amounts to something.

Gather --

http://www.gather.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment